Sustainability: At the core of our brand is the ethos of Sustainability; although a buzzword that has gained traction (and rightly so) over the last few years, the ways in which we are sustainable varies and are unique to our county and History.
- All leathers used are locally sourced Light skins from reared Sheep and Goats
- Most are embossed skins; which are created by using heat to create specific patterns on natural grains of animal skin.
- Real Exotics are a by-product of local communities who consume the meat; though considered exotic to many, it’s indigenous to us. We work with the communities who offer up the rare skins up to 3 times a year.
- Thus our exotics pieces are even more rare as access to real sustainable skins is limited
- Leather sourced as a by product of the locally produced and farmed meat industry is one of the most sustainable materials on earth; it lasts for centuries and is biodegradable.
- The 2 Islamic annual Eid celebrations sees skin from all over West Africa come to the commercial hub of Nigeria to be processed as leather and exported by local tanneries.
- Upcycling by partnering with local tanneries who also produce for the International market; We relieve them of luxuriously produced “Out of Season” leathers dictated by the fast pace of traditional fashion.
- We marry this International expertise with our local production, creating jobs for skilled artisans who are otherwise neglected due to fast pace of traditional fashion. We thus keep alive indigenous leather working traditions that are centuries old.
- Which is what drives our One of a kind, numbered Limited Edition collections.
- Our business is sustained by the demand of our community; which is why you are integral to it.